Public Benefits Eligibility
Many companies tout themselves as being “experts” at providing public benefits eligibility services no matter the case. Indeed, a few types of cases are straightforward and relatively simple. However, a majority of cases are time-consuming, requiring specialized expertise, and are demanding of resources.
The Highest Returns
The Midland Group, in partnership with participating hospitals, is one of the very few companies that is able to deliver the highest returns from Medicaid and other public benefits. Midland’s 30+ years of experience in providing public benefits eligibility services demonstrates that to truly be successful at managing the financial outcomes of large volumes of self-pay patients, we are required to:
- Be knowledgeable about the regulations of multiple states as well as federal regulations.
- Be dedicated to staying current on the rules and regulations, as they change frequently.
- Utilize technology to the fullest extent without compromising patient privacy or data integrity.
- Have processes and procedures, as well as appropriate staffing levels, in place that can accommodate fluctuating case volumes.
- Never substitute the “human touch” by over-reliance on technology.
We Take on the Tough Programs
The Midland Group also specializes in the more complex federal programs, including Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI). It is often difficult and time consuming for hospitals to obtain approval in such complex cases. Our successful conversion of SSI days can significantly increase a hospital’s Disproportionate Share Hospital (DSH) adjustment.